Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Next Project

Hi everyone, it's been quite a while since my last post, but things got a little crazy for me for a while there. I returned most of the folk tales to the library, so I will be taking a break from them and beginning my study of a single novel: Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy. War and Peace seemed a bit too ambitious for a project that spans just a few weeks, so I chose a smaller, but no less significant, work of Russian literature to focus on. My plan is to read two chapters at a time and then fill you in on the plot, the characterization, and some history surrounding the time period of the novel. For a preview of the novel, take a look at Wikipedia's page that offers the basics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Karenina. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment